| Born in Mt. Airy, North Carolina, Dianne grew up on a family dairy farm one mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway in Southwestern Virginia, where she had many animals and chores and also assisted in her Aunt's country home beauty salon nearby. At age thirteen, the family of six moved to Arlington, Virginia and at age seventeen she passed the Civil Service test before graduating high school, and worked for the Director of Mental Retardation, Department of Health, Education and Welfare. She then moved to Germany at age nineteen, where she worked as a Civilian Secretary for U. S. Army Europe; relocating again at age twenty-one to Tucson, Arizona, where she was trained on-the-job and worked as a Para-Legal until age twenty-five. Her hairdresser invited her to attend her first "hair show" presented by Pivot Point International at the Tucson Convention Center, where she met the owner of Allure Career College of Beauty. The owner of Allure invited her to visit the school the following Saturday, and the rest is history.
Dianne has worked in the cosmetology profession as an Instructor for over 30 years, acquiring licenses in the States of Arizona and Hawaii. Two of the classes Dianne was always asked to teach most in salons were elegant and long hair designs, and makeup application. She developed a love and an expertise in these areas.
After moving to Kauai in 1985, Dianne decided to focus her efforts to provide on-site services for brides. She strives to provide "personal services" and to treat each bride with lots of special attention and pampering. Now semi-retired, Dianne still finds time to attend to brides. "I always try to help if I can. I love helping brides! It is a day of great joy and celebration, and it is always an honor and a privilege to be part of it. We always have a lot of fun and I come away feeling so good!"
Education and other involvements in the industry have included:
Dianne loved teaching and traveling, but it wasn't until she started to focus her attention to helping brides that she felt "Aha, this is what I'm supposed to be doing. This is why I went to school and learned all of this." All of her past experience with teaching and doing platform work, sometimes preparing a dozen models in a very short time, enables her to work well under pressure, with a confidence and calmness that is very reassuring and fun.
- Cosmetology License, Allure Career College of Beauty, Tucson, Arizona, 1977
- Hairstylist, His 'n Hers Beauty Salon, Tucson, Arizona, 1977 - 1978
- Instructor License, Allure Career College of Beauty, Tucson, Arizona, 1978 - 1985
- Member, Secretary and President, Tucson Cosmetology Association, 1977 - 1986
- Member, National Hairdressers and Cosmetologists Association, 1977 - 1986
- Platform Artist for Pivot Point International, 1982 - 1985
- Member, Arizona Hair Fashion Committee, 1982 - 1986
- Chairman, Arizona Hair Fashion Committee, 1983
- Member, Trainer and Examiner of Hair America, 1983 - 1986
- Charter Member of Esthetics America, 1985 - 1986
- Instructor License, State of Hawaii, 1986 - 2007
- Trained numerous students and hairstylists in competition floor work
- Trained winner of first Student Olympic Hairstyling Competition in Paris, France in 1982
- Participated in many competitions and won numerous trophies
- Designed costumes, hairstyles, choreographed and produced numerous hair and fashion shows in the Continental U.S. and Mexico